Confirmation Bias...





ahhh good ole confirmation bias. The basic idea that you only believe and accept information that aligns with what you already think. I think this topic is so interesting and it was cool to see someone else talk about it and give their point of view. I personally think we are all a little guilty of giving into confirmation bias, like why in the world would I even consider thinking about something that I don't agree with?!
Confirmation bias is something that I have noticed that social media algorithms essentially feed us. As I scroll through twitter I always see the same points of view, and information that I agree with. If I want to see the opposing view I have to search for it. So while we may not always purposefully give in to the confirmation bias, it is good to be aware of it and if you like it that way then great! but it is also good to know all sides and be well informed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life on the Internet

Supreme Court Process

EOTO Round 2